Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lesotho herders

An intriguing profession that was apparent along the streets of Lesotho's capital city and villages, dotted across hillsides, and trailing up steep inclines to the top of mountain passes were a variety of colorfully attired herders caring for small groups of cattle, curly haired goats and sheep. A few horses were mixed in with the herds and donkeys were heavily laden with supplies.

Along our drive we were met by the smiles and greetings of herders which echoed across the hillsides.


















1 comment:

  1. This is Cassi Bates (Campbell). I have been following your blog for a while now, with a little bit of envy, I admit. I just had to comment on this post because I spent 6 months of my mission in Lesotho. It was my first area - we opened and closed it to sisters. I have so many fond memories. Thanks for the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete